Tuesday 13 March 2012

Life's Little Dramas Part 22

We have progress! After nearly three months of virtual house arrest, my wife ventured out with me at the weekend.

We took the dog for a walk at the local country park on Saturday. She lasted one circuit before having to go back to the car while I took the dog on a second turn but, as the first trip out, I think that was quite impressive. Even more impressive when she decided to come straight back out with me to do the weekly shop.

That evening, she did suffer but was also very pleased with herself. Then, on Sunday, she had her first proper foray into the kitchen and managed (with very minor assistance from me to get things off shelves) to cook up a batch of her rather scrummy homemade sausage rolls for me to take to work on Monday. Again, she did suffer in the evening but, after such a long period of inactivity, I think she should be very proud of herself.

One thing that has become clear to me through all that has happened is that you should never dismiss the small things in life. A trip out to walk the dog was just something that we did before. Now it is an event to be cherished as it could have been so very different. A batch of sausage rolls was simply a treat for Christmas and birthdays, now it is a success and a step forward.

Don't ever take things for granted. Simple things like this can be taken away from you so quickly so you must enjoy them. Celebrate life to the full. Whilst I don't advocate squandering money, remember that there are no pockets in a shroud.

Most of all though....
Keep loving

No comments:

Post a Comment