Friday 2 March 2012

Eurovision

I think it is fair to say that I am not a devotee of the Eurovision Song Contest but, I do dip my toe in whilst it is on to see how the UK is doing. After all, you never like to see your home team do badly whether you follow them or not. But this year, I am torn as to whether I should watch it for the comedy factor or boycott it completely as I have just heard who the UK entry will be:
Englebert Humperdinck!!
A 75 year old crooner!!
Apparently Paul Gamberchini has stated that it is a stroke of genius to bring on a 'geezer' (his words not mine) who could pull in the youth vote for his rendition of The Lesbian Seagull in Beavis & Butthead - The Movie.
PG is not even English! What right has he to say what is good for the UK in Eurovision - even his native land has no involvement and are probably totally mystified as to why we would even think of joining in this travesty.

I'm sure that the fabled Eurovision Parties will still continue and there will be much flag waving in the green room while the votes are cast. The one thing I would pay to see would be the confused look on Englebert's face as all the screaming carries on from the 'younger' entries.

Oh well,

Keep Loving

No comments:

Post a Comment