Monday 16 January 2012

Life's Little Dramas Part 12

Well, the big day has arrived.
Our dog is on holiday - that is what we tell her when we take her to the kennels.
My wife has been checked in and is due for the exorcism between 2 and three this afternoon.
I am at work.

It all sounds very calm doesn't it? Oh how wrong that is! On Friday night, I went shopping for the weekend and, on Saturday for what she called her 'last supper' (such a positive thought), I cooked roast chicken with roast potatoes, batter puddings, sprouts, carrots, homemade bread sauce and homemade stuffing. We ate, we drank and we went to bed at about 9pm. Sadly, we didn't both sleep. Whilst, mentally, I felt as if I was coping rather well and feeling quite relaxed, my body decided to tell me differently. At 2am I had to run to the toilet. At 3am I had to run again and, by 5am when my wife was awake, I was feeling decidedly jaded. To add to the fun, my childhood eczema decided it was time for a re-visit and both my forearms were covered and itching. This has meant that I have come to work in January with a short sleeved shirt on - that has raised a few eyebrows!

Thankfully, with 75 minutes on the commute, my stomach has decided to behave itself now so I am feeling a little less delicate. Now, all I can do is wait. I have to call the hospital before I leave tonight to ascertain whether she is awake and how things went. Until then, I have work to keep me occupied. The only other alternative would be to stay home and worry so I am in the best place. The countdown is now on for the demise of 'Melony'. Personally, I can't wait.

Keep loving

No comments:

Post a Comment