Wednesday 14 December 2011

Life's Little Dramas Part 5

Well, the NHS misinformation machine gets it right/wrong again. Despite being told that there would be no movement before the back appointment this Friday, Details arrived this morning for "Melony's" exorcism! It seems a 'pre-op' appointment that will last for about 90 minutes will take place on Tuesday 10th January followed by the 'main event' on the 16th.
I suppose I should feel relieved that some form of timescale has been agreed but, strangely, I feel more nervous and worried than I did before. I don't quite understand the reasons behind this but I can only assume that:
  1. It has now become more real (if that is possible)
  2. It seems a long time to wait (even though we were geared up for January)
  3. In contradiction to point 2, it now seems very close
  4. I am just a useless lump of jelly that can't cope with the whole thing.
I suppose that we can now get on with Christmas to a degree but, to be perfectly honest, the Christmas spirit is somewhat lacking from the house at the moment! Maybe, if I make a concerted effort to get the decorations up this weekend, the place will feel, in some ways, a tad more festive. I don't know.

To my eternal shame, I am feeling aggrieved that I will be unable to attend my works Christmas do this Friday. The most selfish thing I know but I was so looking forward to my first event with the whole company since joining. Still, assuming nothing disastrous happens here, there will always be next year. Trouble is, I have had to back out of a couple of events already this year due to 'other issues' which you can get a hint of in previous posts and I am getting something of a reputation for not being present at corporate bashes where I should be. For now though, I will just have to grin and bear it for there is someone at home who needs me more. I just wish she would do less of the things that make life at home that much harder on top of what is going on! Cryptic? Maybe. But some things need to be held back or I will rant myself into more of a mess than I feel already.

Assuming nothing major happens in the interim (unlikely I know), I wish anyone reading this a very happy festive period and prosperous & healthy New Year. Whilst you are with your family for whatever time off you have please remember to show them how much you love them. You never know when it could be too late to let them know.

Keep loving.

1 comment:

  1. Please know you can call us at anytime, including over Christmas, to talk, rant, laugh or talk b*llocks 24/7 whatever you need. Love you so much mate. xxxxx

    ReplyDelete