Wednesday 7 December 2011

Life's Little Dramas Part 2

Short update on my last post.

The 'small things taking on huge significance' stage has been reached. Yesterday, my wife's computer was infected with a trojan. Sounds vaguely Carry-On but, trust me, it isn't! This virus claims to be a virus detection program and that your computer is under cyber attack. It says that many viruses have been detected and a number of your files have been lost to online hackers. It will block your own anti virus program from running and any other program that connects to the internet - unless you click on the BUY button and enter your card or bank details......Yes, it's that blatant. It is also remarkably good at hiding and, after several hours last night and this morning trying to sort it out, I will be doing the same this evening after work.
It seems this was my fault. The problem is that this is her only connection with the outside world. She won't use the phone unless absolutely necessary as it isn't free until after 7 and, as she is not working, she feels that she has to save as much as possible on household costs.

Also, the jobs that weren't done were referred to as 'I will try and do xxxx tomorrow but I may not be able to...' and several variations on that theme. Then I get miffed as I have been trying to sort out the computer and we end up bickering. All because some antisocial arsehole thinks it is clever to create these tiny programs that spread misery throughout the world. This all ended up with us being in bed in a rather unnatural silence broken only by the comment from my left 'I don't think we can make it through this as a couple...' I think we have talked through that now but what if that had happened during the stress of treatment? WTF do these people think they are? If I ever get my hands on them, I will just need a locked room and a baseball bat.

No comments:

Post a Comment