Tuesday 7 February 2012

Life's Little Dramas Part 18

Well, despite thinking that most of the dramas were over for a while, there was a major squeaky bum moment over the weekend. I retrieved the post on Saturday morning and flicked through the usual weekend junk mail only to come across a letter from the hospital stamped 'Gaenocology'. Now, if you remember, we were told that we would not hear anything unless it was bad news (malignant) so you can imagine the looks on both our faces. I attempted to be stoic and asked if my wife would like me to open it - always hoping and expecting that she would decline and open it herself - and she said yes. At this point she tells me that my hands started to shake!

I slowly opened the envelope and unfolded the letter. It turns out that the surgeon had decided (presumably as there had been delays in getting the results) that it would be a good idea to confirm that it was definitely good news! At this point there were tears (of relief) and much hugging.

So, it just goes to show, you should never put off opening letters - it may actually prolong your agony and reading what is written could really improve your day.

And on that note,

Keep loving

No comments:

Post a Comment