Thursday 20 October 2011

Company Vehicles

Let me say first, I am not referring to your average employee who has been lucky enough to bag a company vehicle due to the mileage they travel on business. I am referring to branded cars and vans that advertise their employers' business and attract custom.

Do the drivers of these vehicles not appreciate the negative effect they may be having on the business by the way they drive? I have long kept a mental list of companies that I will never use due to the ignorant, rude and, in some cases, aggressive way that some of their employees drive. Quite obviously, as a private individual, I will never use a company such as May Gurney but, should the need ever arise through work, I would certainly look unfavourably upon any quote from that company after experiences on the road.

In the current economic climate, I would have expected companies that provide vehicles to have some sort of 'good practice' code in place for their drivers? Do they not realise that there are so many commuters such as myself driving day in, day out that have time in the coccoon of their private vehicle to mull over the arrogant **** who just cut them up with a company name emblazened on the back of their van? After all, when we work in an office, we are expected to conduct ourselves in such a way so as not to cause offense or bully colleagues. In fact, this sort of behaviour can lead to diciplinary action - and this is considered normal - so why not apply the same rules to these drivers? At one time, it was all the rage to apply the sticker 'How am I driving' to such vehicles. These seem few and far between now and besides, if you are driving, how are you supposed to note down both the vehicle registration and the number to call?

Until such time as these finger waving bullies are removed from the roads, I will continue to make my list of companies that I will never have any dealings with and tell anyone who will listen that they should not deal with them either! Oh, and if you get the finger from such a driver that you may have the temerity to hoot your horn at, I have found that the best way to put them in their place is to blow them a kiss - coming from a 6ft 2", 18 stone bloke, seems to shut them up :)

No comments:

Post a Comment