Thursday 5 August 2010

Memories - The Solution (see previous post)

Having discussed my previous post with an old friend who understands psychology (he is actually qualified in this field - and yes, I do know people who are that clever. Oh, and yes, they do acknowledge that I exist!).

It turns out that the most likely explanation is that the particular piece of music is actually connected with several different memories rather than a single person, event, time or feeling. Because of this and the fact that all these memories have been filed as having equal importance, the brain handles it by telling me that there are definitely memories but, at this particular time, it is not willing to favour one over another.

Personally, I just wish my brain would bite the bullet and actually make a decision for a change. Hmmm.....procrastination, not making decisions.....where have I heard that before?

No comments:

Post a Comment