Tuesday 5 October 2010

3am Eternal

I have to ask, why is 3am such a popular time for waking people up? When there has been a perfectly adequate 15 hours since rising the previous morning, why is there a need to either 'talk', demand answers or just generally discuss what is wrong with your life??

Currently, I work at home two days a week and in an office three days. The office drive is between 90 minutes and 2 hours each way (on occasion longer such as yesterday took 2 and three quarters). On days that I work at home, I could in theory stay in bed until 8.45am and still be at work before 9. Which mornings do the 3am chats take place? Without fail, on days that I have the long drive!

Weekends seem to be exempt from these events despite the opportunity to sleep longer. Is this a conspiracy? I don't know but, what I do know is, after only 1 week back at work following a 2 week break, I am shattered. All I want to do is go out to the car park and tip the seat back and sleep. Do you think anyone would notice? If I wore sunglasses would they not recognise me? Sadly, I think not.

So, for now, I shall keep knocking back the black coffee and taking brisk walks down the corridor to wake me up. I must be teh biggest bloody doremouse in the world.

3 comments:

  1. Could you not just pretend to be asleep? And not engage in conversation. or say for F*^%'s sake woman I've got to get up for work tomorrow shut the f&*^% up?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have used those exact words. Sadly, it does no good

    ReplyDelete
  3. Then there's nothing else for it! Suffocate her with a pillow..he,he...

    ReplyDelete